Valentines

Posted By: Kristi


I happen to think Valentines is a lot of fun. I enjoy showing those I care about how much they mean to me. I also think the stores look pretty coated in red and pink. = )

A couple weekends ago, our niece stayed the night for the first time. We decided to do a Valentine craft. I had one in mind that I had seen on Pinterest a few times. I pulled out the crayons I don't use anymore and my heart shaped silicone baking mold and we got to work.


We took off the paper from our crayons (this took a while) and then broke them into small pieces. We separated them by color family. I didn't realize that she would find separating them to be so much fun. She loved that part!


We preheated the oven to 300 degrees and baked them for 15 minutes.We pulled them out of the oven and let them cool.


While we waited for them to harden, I taught her how to makes hearts. We made all sorts of fun heart shaped things and got distracted and lost track of time. We went back to check on our heart shaped crayons about an hour later (I am guessing that they probably only needed about 30 minutes to harden). 

When we checked on them, they were ready to be removed from the mold and popped right out.


We made one Valentine for someone special. His favorite color is blue so we made sure to save the blue crayon for him.


It was a ton of fun, she really loved making these. I will definitely keep this project in mind for other little ones that come to visit. It was super easy (in case that matters to you). I know for me, easy projects are the best, especially when involving kids.

The next morning, we headed to the Children's Museum and then to the Zoo.



Afterwards, we headed home for lunch and then made a trip to the park. It was a fun filled sleepover for sure! We are excited for her next visit. = )

We hope you all are doing well, thanks for sticking with us!


1 comment:

  1. I have that idea on one of my Pinterest boards too, I want to try it soon! I am glad to hear it was easy...
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...