Buffet Makeover Part One - Antiqued Furniture

 Posted By: Kristi


Today I am going to share with you my first furniture makeover! Carson's Grandma owned this buffet, it was passed down to us after going to others in his family. Everyone was ok with us redoing it to match our home and we love it! I am so thankful that we have an important piece of his Grandma's furniture in our home to always remember her by. I did not get a chance to meet her but from what I hear, she was one very special lady.

I have been wanting to redo a piece of furniture for a while now but have been really intimidated. I decided to just go for it and I am glad I did! It has a hutch to go with it but I haven't started on that piece yet. When I do I will make sure to blog about it, as part two.

I first took off all the hardware and scrubbed the buffet clean with TSP cleaner and some rags.




Next I sanded it down and primed it with Kilz spray primer.


Once the primer dried I sprayed it with Krylon white (in a gloss finish).  I sprayed a few coats, it look about three hours to fully dry. Once it dried I sanded a but more, sanded the edges extra hard to take off the finish and to give it an antiqued finish. I roughed up the areas that already had dents (I wanted to keep the history visible). I left the original hardware on the drawers but added new glass Anthropologie knobs on the doors.


This was honestly a TON easier than I thought it would be and very rewarding!  Everyone was always saying that if they could do it than I could too. I honestly thought that they had no idea what they were talking about but it looks like they were right! I am excited to redo more furniture soon.





2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I have been wanting to do this for a while, so I need to just do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was really fun! Let me know how yours turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...