Zipper Headband Tutorial

Posted By:  Stephanie

I've been seeing these zipper headbands around for $25 plus so I thought I would try and make one myself.  I was pleased with how it turned out, although I would make one or two changes which I'll tell you below.  I don't want to waste any of your time so lets get straight to the tutorial.





Buy a zipper in the size that you want.  I wanted to have as little elastic show as possible so I went with an 18 inch zipper.  There are many different sizes to choose from, you can do what I did and hold it up to your head in the store.  You also need to buy elastic.  This is 1 inch elastic and it was .89 a yard, super cheap.  The amount of elastic will depend on how big the head is of the person you are making the headband for.



Sew the elastic to the zipper.  I used a zipper foot so that I could get as close to the zipper as possible.  Go back and forth a couple times so that you are sure it isn't going anywhere.



There is no step three, you are already done.  Super fast and easy.  The change I would make is use a longer piece of elastic to close up the gap at the beginning of the zipper.  It really isn't that big of a deal because nobody will see it, I just know there is a gap and I don't really like that.

You can wear this headband zipped up completely, partially zipped, or unzipped to have two small headbands in one.  Just a suggestion, don't try and zip or unzip with it on your head, you WILL get your hair stuck no matter what you think.  Just a suggestion, you can try that at your own risk.  = )

I made this for a total of about $3.50, that is a savings of about $21.50 from buying one.  Can't beat a savings like that!



See above, that is our super duper awesome sister Samantha looking so cute in this headband.  Thanks for being my model Sam!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...