Enchilada Pie Recipe

Posted By:  Stephanie

Do you have days where you are going to the grocery store but don't have a list made out yet?  That was me this past Tuesday.  As I fed my girl a snack before heading to the store I jumped on Pinterest to look for some quick easy recipes so I could plan dinner.  Through my search I found the recipe for Enchilada Pie that was posted by If I Could.  This recipe was super easy and it tastes great.  I served it with sour cream and my husband and I were both pleased with this 20 minute meal.



1 lb ground beef
1 small onion, diced (or about 1/8 cup dehydrated onion)
2 Tbs taco seasoning (or 1/2 packet)
1 can tomato sauce (8 oz - 14.5 oz)
1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
4 small corn tortillas (I used large because that's what I had, they just went up the sides a bit)
1 small can sliced olives (next time I would do a larger can, only because my girl likes me to pick them out for her to eat off mine)1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
* As far as the cheese goes, I got a 2 cup bag of Monterey Jack and Cheddar to save me time.  I also HATE grating cheese, one of my least favorite things to do in the world. *

Brown beef with onion, drain fat.  Stir in taco seasoning, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes.  In a small round casserole dish, layer meat sauce, chopped olives, cheese, then tortilla - Repeat 3 more times.  Sprinkle cheese on top tortilla.
Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted to your satisfaction.

EAT UP!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! It sounds like my Mom's recipe for Enchilada Casserole...pretty much the same thing, except she uses enchilada sauce instead of tomato sauce and also layers with sour cream. It was always one of our favorite meals growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking I should try it next time with enchilada sauce, Will really likes enchilada sauce so I think it would be a hit! I was happy to find such a fast recipe to make that tastes YUMMY! I love those kinds of foods, the ones that bring back good memories.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...