Save The Date - Hawaii Wedding

Posted By: Kristi

Yay, it's Saturday! Happy weekend everyone! What a crazy week this has been! Yesterday was my last day with my current employer where I worked for a total of almost ten years. I am really excited to make the move to my new place of employment where many exciting challenges await me. I will however miss the place I am leaving. The good thing is that I can easily keep in touch with everyone and that Carson still works there. Did I ever mention that Carson and I met at work?? More on that later. ; )

Now, on to the Save The Date that I mention on the title of this post. A long time family friend of Carson's family is getting married in Hawaii next year. She mentioned that she still needed to create her Save The Dates and asked where I had bought ours (she had just received ours in the mail the week before). I told her I had made them and that I would be happy to help her if she wanted. She took me up on the offer and said I could run with it. The only thing that she was sure she absolutely wanted on the Save The Dates was her wedding colors, orange and purple.

She is getting married in Hawaii so I thought a Save The Date in the shape of a flower could be cool. I called her up to confirm that this would be alright and she said that she had just been thinking that as well. PERFECT! I pulled out my Silhouette and got to work.

I knew I wanted a layered look so I went to the Silhouette store online and started looking at my flower options. I finally found on I liked and started creating. On the bottom flower I used her main wedding color and added the wedding details.


I wanted to highlight the date of the wedding so that it would really stand out so I cut out the date on my Silhouette, on the smaller flower that would be on top.


I used a green brad that I had bought at the craft store to hold them together.


Soon I will show you our Save The Date and explain how it was created.


Enjoy your weekend!


2 comments:

  1. These are very cute! Following you back, thanks for stopping by =)
    Trisha
    www.MommaTandBabyE.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...