Toothbrush Bracelet

Posted By: Kristi




It feels like forever since I had a project to share. Finally, I had time for some crafting! When Steph and I were little we used to make toothbrush bracelets. I remember making a TON of them. We once even sold them at a craft bazaar and had a lot of fun doing it. I haven't heard of anyone making these in a long time but for some reason the memory of making them came to me the other day and I thought making one sounded like fun. I took some pictures as I went so that if you wanted, you could give it a try too.

You will need to buy some toothbrushes, one toothbrush per bracelet that you want to make.


These are really fun to make with the little kid toothbrushes that have characters on them or are all sparkly. Unfortunately, the store I was at when I bought them didn't carry those.

Using needle nose pliers, remove the bristles from the toothbrush. Another bummer, I couldn't find mine so I used the next best thing. The nice thing about projects is that if you don't have a tool or supply you need you can often supplement it for something else.



Place your bristle free toothbrush in a pot full of boiling water. After about five minutes remove your toothbrush from the water with tongs. 


Place your toothbrush in a towel and bend it into a bracelet shape with your hands. Don't touch it, it will be HOT!


Once you get it to shape the way you like it place it in cold water for a few minutes to harden completely.


Remove it from the water and put it on. 


This site has some awesome toothbrushes that would look amazing around the wrist.

This could be a fun gift for your dentist during the holidays. You could wrap it up in a cute see through bag with a thank you card. A nice gesture and quick and easy to make!


Sorry for the poor picture quality. Steph and I must have the worst camera luck. Mine just broke! = (


5 comments:

  1. Pretty cool. Who knew a toothbrush cool be so nice looking.

    Stopping by from the blog hop.

    I'm a new follower. Please feel free to check me out at

    thecheesethief.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I'm going to go check out your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fun and easy. I definitely recommend giving it a try. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found you thru the blog hop!
    This is an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...