I was browsing different blogs and stores online when I came upon this picture.
I loved the metallic look and decided to try recreating something like it. I knew I didn't want to spend much money on it and I wanted mine to be silver to match the room it would be hung in.
I went to my closet of frames and found one that I thought would be perfect. I had canvas laying around too but decided that I wanted a dark frame around it to make the metallic silver stand out even more. Once I found the frame I wanted to use I got out the tinfoil.
This is what I did.
1. Tear off a piece of tinfoil in the length you want. I measured the frame and made it a bit smaller.
2. Fold the tinfoil in half, long way (hot dog style). I folded mine shiny side in so that it would stay nice while I cut it.
3. Cut out shapes like you would a snowflake with scissors and/or an exacto knife. I am not a very good snowflake maker, I know many of you could make something REALLY cool!
4. Unfold your image. The back of my frame is black so I decided that I would glue my tinfoil cut out directly on it.
5. On the backside of the image, paint a thin layer of mod podge.
6. Turn the image over and press it down. Now paint a thin layer of modge podge all over the entire board and on top of the image. Don't worry, it will dry clear.
7. Let it dry, frame it and hang it on the wall.
I wasn't sure if I liked the finished results until I hung it on the wall. VERY COOL!