Update and Quotes

Posted By:  Stephanie

This has been a very crazy and exhausting week for our family.  First our mom broke her foot, then our Granny K. got Cellulitis from a cat bite and was in the hospital, Will's grandma past away on Tuesday, our cousin also ended up in the hospital with Cellulitis (weird two family members with the same thing huh?) now our mom is in the ICU due to blood clots throughout her entire left leg and into her pelvis.  Long story short we have been spending a lot of time with our family and now with our mom in the hospital and we are just wishing a praying for a speedy recovery.  Needless to say, we haven't had time for crafting this past weekend.  I want to share with you some of my favorite quotes, I have many but here are just a few.

"You are responsible for your own happiness."


"Trust is like paper, once it's crumbled it can never be perfect."

"Spend life with who makes you happy, not who you have to impress."

"If Plan A fails, remember you have 25 letters left."

"Today, what did I do for my mind?  My body?  My spirit?  My relationships?  My creativity and passion?"



"No one falls in love by choice, it's by chance.  No one stays in love by chance, it's by work.  No one falls out of love by chance, it's by choice."


Those quotes are all anonymous.  My favorite quote below is by Mother Teresa.


People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind,
people may accuse you of selfish ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful,
you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank,
people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building,
someone could destroy overnight.
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness,
they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today,
people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have,
and it may never be enough;
Give the best you’ve got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis
it is between you and God;
it was never between you and them anyway.


I think that quote is SO true and I plan to make a purposeful effort to live my life according to those words.

My dad and I have been sitting here with my mom in the ICU and he has a quote to share with all of you.  "Don't let today die without a fight."  I think that is a great quote for what is going on with our family at this time, but it is also a good way to live life in general.  I hope you have a great day!

This post was brought to you by Will and our girl.


My uncle snapped this picture while they were walking down the hall here at the hospital.




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...